Pediatric Chiropractic Care in Winnipeg
Taking care of your children is a privilege. At Norwood Chiropractic Centre, we understand that it is easier to raise a healthy child rather than trying to fix their problems when they become adults. Good habits start young, and we treat each child as if they were our own.
Why should children see a chiropractor?
Anyone in today’s world experiences stress that affects the spine and nervous system. Children may not be able to tell you when they hurt, but the stress affects them nonetheless. Only about 10% of the nervous system is designed to feel pain, so it is important that a child sees a Chiropractor to stay healthy. Childhood is the most important stage when it comes to their development. It is also important to teach children that health comes from within and the answer does not lie in a bottle of pills. Proactively promoting your child’s health during their early years is the best thing you can do for them.
What are the benefits of pediatric chiropractic care?
We believe that one of the best benefits of receiving Chiropractic care is being a happy parent. Many childhood ailments are often harder on Mom and Dad than they are on the baby or child. Chiropractic care may help infants who may be having issues with poor sleep , poor digestion, and ear infections. Chiropractic care may play an important role in the function of your child as they hit all of their developmental milestones.
What does the new patient process involve?
It is very similar as it is for any other new patient or practice member, though the consultation will include questions pertaining to the health of the child.
How do you adjust children?
Chiropractic adjustments on children are different then on adults. The pressure we use to adjust a child is that of about the same pressure that is needed to check a tomato’s ripeness, that’s about the same amount of pressure it takes to adjust a baby or toddler. Dr. Vishal and Dr. Richard are extremely gentle.
What if a child feels nervous about seeing a chiropractor?
Your child may be nervous about the first visit to the Chiropractor, but do not worry about it. In fact, most parents say their children actually look forward to their adjustments. It will make a big difference to your child that they see their parents get adjusted. We find that in most cases, once the child is used to seeing their parents lying on a table, they too soon are excited to jump on the table as well! If the child does not feel comfortable and ready, we will never force it. We love to have fun with them and talk to them, ensuring they know we are here to help them, and find that this dialogue makes a big difference.
What age should my child be before I bring them in for their first Chiropractic check up?
The traditional birthing practice may sometimes be traumatic. This practice may cause physical damages that lead to difficulties later on. Many ailments have been attributed to a simple misalignment in the spine which started from the birthing process. Parents who understand this have their new infant checked for these misalignments soon after the delivery has occurred.
We’re happy to see emergency cases and accept walk-ins. Contact us today to find out more about family health chiropractic care!
It is important to realize that chiropractic is not the treatment of any condition. The purpose of chiropractic is to find and reduce stress and interference to the nerve system, allowing the person to experience greater function and an overall improved quality of life.
- Abdominal Pain ( 1 Article )
- Acid Reflux (GERD) ( 2 Articles )
- Asthma ( 22 Articles )
- Ataxia, Dizziness and Visual Disturbance ( 1 Article )
- Bed Wetting ( 12 Articles )
- Bell's Palsy ( 7 Articles )
- Birth Abnormalities ( 1 Article )
- Birth Trauma ( 6 Articles )
- Blindness ( 1 Article )
- Blood Pressure/Hypertension ( 12 Articles )
- Brain Function/Emotional Health ( 26 Articles )
- Breastfeeding Difficulties ( 11 Articles )
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ( 16 Articles )
- Cerebral Palsy ( 2 Articles )
- Childhood Diseases ( 2 Articles )
- Chiropractic: Efficacy, Safety and Satisfaction ( 18 Articles )
- Colic ( 15 Articles )
- Common Cold ( 6 Articles )
- Constipation ( 5 Articles )
- Crib Death (SIDS) ( 7 Articles )
- Crohn's Disease/Colitis ( 3 Articles )
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media) ( 27 Articles )
- Epilepsy/Seizures ( 11 Articles )
- Erb's Palsy ( 4 Articles )
- Facial Symmetry ( 1 Article )
- Female Concerns ( 5 Articles )
- Fever ( 2 Articles )
- Growing Pains ( 1 Article )
- Headaches / Migraine ( 29 Articles )
- Immune Function ( 13 Articles )
- Infertility / Inability to Conceive ( 13 Articles )
- Injury ( 4 Articles )
- Mind, Body, Spirit ( 1 Article )
- Motor Tics ( 1 Article )
- Neck Pain ( 7 Articles )
- Pediatric Care ( 4 Articles )
- Pregnancy and Adjustments ( 16 Articles )
- Quality of Life / Wellness ( 15 Articles )
- Respiratory Function and Breathing Ability ( 19 Articles )
- Satisfaction, Cost, and Safety of Chiropractic ( 21 Articles )
- Scoliosis ( 10 Articles )
- Sinus and Respiratory Infections / Sinusitis ( 5 Articles )
- Skin / Eczema / Psoriasis ( 3 Articles )
- Sleep ( 3 Articles )
- Speech Disorders ( 3 Articles )
- Spinal Health ( 7 Articles )
- Sports Performance and Chiropractic ( 4 Articles )
- Stuttering ( 1 Article )
- Thyroid ( 4 Articles )
- TMJ Syndrome, Dental Health ( 6 Articles )
- Tonsillitis ( 5 Articles )
- Torticollis ( 13 Articles )
- Tremors ( 1 Article )
- Vision Problems ( 4 Articles )